Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Goodbye Elder Mower!!


Today my little brother Brandon left on his mission to the Dominican Republic. It was one of those bitter sweet moments. He has been so ready to go, and it was so good to see him so excited. As always, because he is the first to go, it was very emotional, but we know as a family that he is doing the right thing. When we got to the MTC, and he got all of his papers handed in, we rushed into the chapel, (we were 10 minutes late...) and watched the show, "Called to Serve". I had seen it before from when Chris' brother Nick left, but I think each time you watch it, you cry more. Then it was time to say our last goodbyes, and he was gone. After he hugged us he started off towards the door, and didn't look back. That tells me that he was ready to go. I am so grateful for the example he is being to our family, and wish him the best of luck! I sure hope 2 years goes by fast! Love you bud!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I was thinking about you guys today and what you'd be going through watching Brandon walk out that door at the MTC. It really is such a bittersweet experience. We wish him all the best in the world!! :o)

Nikki said...

Cute family picture!!

Linds Forrest said...

That is a sweet tribute to him, and that is really awesome that he kept looking forward on towards his mission. I bet the MTC has hidden cameras in that room to see which best reaction they get from a family from watching Called To Serve. Hope to see you soon!!

Amanda said...

Congrats to your brother! That's awesome.
Okay, so I don't think I have ever since your mom before and it is amazing how much you guys look a like.