So if you go back and read my previous posts, you can pretty much assume that we have some issues with Madison and her ears. Her first year of life, she had around 4 ear infections. By the second year she had around 6 ear infections. 10 ear infections in 2 years...ugh! So we opted for tubes in Jan. 2007. The doctor told us that the tubes would probably fall out after about a year or so and that we probably wouldn't even notice them. WRONG!! Madison is pretty in-tune with her ears, and always lets me know if there is a problem. So yesterday we were sitting on the couch watching the piano movers(thanks erica and emily) and Madison said,"Here mom." I look over to see her holding something out for me. As I take it from her I realize what it is. Her tube and 1/2 inch long piece of ear wax!! Gross I know! So I said,"Oh, honey. How does your ear feel?" Her response,"Sooo good!" I'm sure having a 1/2 inch piece of wax out of your ear sure does feel "sooo good!" I don't know if this last round of infection pushed the tubes out or if it had something to do with the ear drops that we had to put in them or what, but I sure am glad I got to see her tubes. It is amazing how something so small is so helpful in preventing infection. I would totally recommend tubes again!
2 weeks ago


4 comments:
Hope this ends all the ear problems.
Love ya
HA HA!! Poor little Madison. But I LOVE, JUST LOVE that you took pictures of it. I seriously think it is SO great!! :) I am so excited to see you tomorrow. I am excited to see how numb I get! :) Love ya tons!
I was going to ask you a while ago if you knew if her tubes had come out yet or not. I guess that answers my question! Glad she's feeling better!
That is just YUCKY!!!!!
Post a Comment