We have been dying to do something fun with Madison for a few months now, but it seems like everytime we could something else would come up. So today we decided to take her to the zoo. She has been talking about it for the past few days, and was so excited to go see "all da animals".
A few of our favorites were:
This monkey was really funny because when people would come by he would turn his body around so all you could see was his backside. Which I have to admit is just as colorful as his face..
This is the newest baby giraffe. It was born in November, and we read that the day it was born it was 6 feet tall and weighed 110 pounds. OUCH!! That mom is a trooper!!
We were lucky enough to be passing through the lion exhibit just in time to see them feed him. It was so cool to watch him. He would sniff it and toss it a little before he would actually eat it. We also got to watch him play with a huge ball in the water. That was cool. Madison kept saying, "Wow mom, that's a big big biggest kitty.." Yes it is!
And last but not least the new albino alligator. That was cool. It almost looked fake. We watched it for a few minutes, and I only saw it move once. Madison was a little scared of this one, but check out those teeth. I don't blame her!
So all in all we had a good time. Did you know that they don't have polar bears at the zoo anymore because last year someone dropped their plastic cup lid into their cage and the polar bear choked on it and died? I felt bad, but come on. A lot of the other animals were either sleeping and we could barely see them or they weren't there all together.
One funny thing did happen though. So we have a very observant child. We passed this very pregnant woman wearing a strapless shirt. Chris and I both found ourselves dry-heaving a little but didn't say anything. Sure enough as soon as Madison saw her, she yelled at the top of her lungs, "Oh my gosh mom. Look at that lady's huge baby in her tummy. Gross!!" So I was officially mortified. I gave a polite smile and quickly told Madison she was going to have her baby very soon, and we needed to be quiet. I guess it happens to everyone, but come on lady. Wear a decent shirt especially when you are about to explode. I know you have all seen someone like that before. I felt stupid that Madison yelled it, but a the same time I hope she thought she looked as gross as we thought she did. If you make it to the zoo anytime soon, I would suggest going earlier than later. The parking was impossible.
4 comments:
Oh, I love the zoo! I was thinking about buying a zoo pass this year. Maddie is so funny - kids sure say the darndest things!
How fun, Linds! That is something that has been on our "To Do List" and are looking forward to doing!
The zoo looks SOOO fun! Of course you would check out a monkeys 'back side'. I love that you are a Mom and use the word 'back side. Did you see that 'back side' on that boy? WOWIE! :) Love ya Linds!
That looked like fun. Madison, must have been so excited. It is always nice to get outside and do something fun after the boring cold winter. I love when the weather starts getting warm.
Post a Comment