Finally!!! I have been trying to update my blog for 6 weeks now, and for some reason I couldn't upload any pictures. So i tried to do it on my parents computer and somehow lost my memory card before I could try. We found it today! I was so relieved! So without further ado:
Announcing
Jaken Allen Barfuss
April 28, 2011
7lb. 7 oz.
20. in
*Warning one of the following pictures is not for the faint of heart, or stomach.....Jakens birth story is an interesting one. I always measure a little bigger than I should be, but my last 2 pregnancies it has been because I have had extra fluid. So this time when my doctor said I was measuring bigger I was not surprised. But he then told me I was measuring 41 weeks when I was only 37 weeks! That was huge! No wonder why I was so uncomfortable. My doctor said he wanted to do an ultrasound to check the size of the baby and fluid levels. I scheduled it for the next day, and left their office. The next day, Thursday, I went to my ultrasound and the tech told us that the baby was measuring 9lb. 1 oz! I about died!! Chris and I went straight to my Doctor and he said he was shocked I wasn't in labor yet if the baby was so big. He said if I had any regular contractions to come in and we would do the c-section. As of that day it was scheduled for May 13th. We went home and I told Chris with everything we had going on that weekend and the next week I was going to go get a pedicure then just in case. On my way to the pedicure I noticed I was contracting so I thought I would start timing them. They were 5 minutes apart. On the way home they were 4 minutes apart. I told Chris we should just go in and see what they said. After 2 hours of observation and 2 bags on IVs, we decided that they baby would come that night. There were 14 other women in labor that night, so because I was having a c-section I was the one who got put on hold... Finally at 10:10 p.m. our sweet baby Jaken arrived. 7lb. 7oz. not 9!
This is Chris and I in the operating room right before the surgery. My face looks so puffy from all the fluid in the IV.
Our awesome nurse, Kathy, took this picture as they were pulling Jaken out. Its a gruesome picture, but so cool to see what a c-section looks like. Sorry if it is too much.
After Jaken came out, they had to give him a puff of oxygen in his lungs to get him to breathe really well. They took him away, cleaned him up, and he was perfect! The next day we held him, had visitors, and hung out. Our kids met him for the first time and we just loved him!
Saturday afternoon Chris got Madison ready and took her to her dance competition. I was so bummed I missed it! I stayed with Jaken, and when my nurse came to take him for a blood pressure check, I asked if I could go too. She let me, and boy was I glad I went. While we were in the nursery, one of the nurses noticed he was breathing really fast. I had noticed it, but didn't think it was too concerning. They like babies to breathe between 30-60 breaths per minute. Jaken was breathing between 75-82. They called the doctor on call, and wouldn't let me take him. He had a chest x-ray, and had to have an IV. In his little hand it looked huge! The chest x-ray showed some fluid in his lungs, so they wanted to monitor him for 24 hours. We were supposed to go home in the morning(Sunday) but they wanted to watch him for 24 hours. I said if he was staying an extra day, then so was I. he had to stay in the nursery hooked up to monitors, so I had to go to him when it was time to feed him. It was hard in the middle of the night! He did ok, so they told us he could go home on Monday. He is still breathing rally fast, but since he is keeping his oxygen stats up we are just watching him for now. Hopefully he will grow into it. It sure has made for some sleepless night though. I would just sit and watch him breathe.
His poor little hand with his IV.
We are all adjusting pretty well. Madison and Cayden love him. Cayden has climbed into the bassinet a few times to "love" the baby. I have to keep my eye out for that one. He also looks more like me than the other two. All I cared about was that he had dark hair! I was thrilled to see his hair. He is a Mower baby for sure! Chubby cheeks and all! We are so happy Jaken is here safe and doing well. He is chunking up and we love it!
**As a side note. People have asked how we came up with his name, so here is the scoop. We were debating names with my mom and she said what about Jake. I said I liked it, but was leaning toward something that ended with a "N" so it went along with my other 2 kids. So Chris said what about Jaken and laughed. I actually liked it, so when we saw him we loved the name.
8 comments:
He is such a cute boy Linds! And that picture of him coming out during the c-section is crazy, but glad you posted it! Glad his breathing is getting more normal. Hope you are recovering well. Can't wait till I get to meet your little man!
Congratulations! He's darling, and I'm glad everything turned out okay!
We love Baby Jaken!! Great post about his arrival! Your C-section picture was fascinating...I wasn't sure what to expect when you posted the disclaimer at the top, but it was amazing. Having a baby is miraculous.
Congrats! He has the best birthday ever, just in case you were wondering (mine is on the same day!) He's a cutie!
Congratulations, guys! He is gorgeous (not a surprise if you look at the other 2!). You're amazing!
Linds,
Congrats!!! He is ADORABLE! I love the pic of all the kiddos together! So fun to see the sibling dynamics! I hope all continues to go well! Congrats again, he is a sweetheart!
When we drove through the old neighborhood the other day I realized you should have had your baby by now and thought I'd check your blog :) Congrats! Glad everything is good with all the little scares!
Linds, I haven't checked blogs forever and just read some of your posts...it was fun to read how things have been going for you! I think about you all the time and hope all is well with your cute little family!
Post a Comment