Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Patrick's Day"

So last night as we were getting Maddie ready for bed, she asked me if I knew what tomorrow was. I of course was curious as to what she thought it was, so I said no. She proceeded to tell me that it was St. Patrick's Day. And that we have to wear a green shirt, and if we don't, then someone will give us a pinch. Wow! She really knew her stuff. So I asked her who told her that and she told me Grandma Julie and Grandma Gloria.(my mom and grandma) So this morning, she woke up a few minutes before we had to leave, and her first question to me was, "Mom, is today Patrick's Day?" Seriously? She remembered? So I told her yes it was and that her green shirt was in her bag, and that Grandma Julie would put it on her after breakfast. We went down to my moms, and as soon as we walked in she ran straight to my dad's office, and sure enough he had forgot and was not wearing green... The conversation between them went like this:
Madison: "Grandpa, you know what today is?"
Grandpa: "Um, Tuesday?"
Madison: "No, its Patrick's Day! You have to wear green or else you will get a pinch. And you are not wearing green, so you get a pinch!"
And then she pinched him!! I laughed so hard! What a smartie pants. I love how she calls it "Patrick's Day"
So HAPPY PATRICK'S DAY!!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

....and happy Patrick's day to you too!!!!

Erica said...

That's adorable! She's just like Jordan...they remember everything and something as important as Patrick's Day is of course at the top of the list! :o)

Burt Bunch said...

That is so cute and hilarious what she did to your dad!

Nikki said...

What a cute little girl you have! Congrats on the little boy that will be arriving in no time!