Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Potty Training!

We have been talking about potty training Madison for sometime now, seeing as she will be 3 the end of May. We tried about 6 months ago, but she would go on the toilet and then pee her pants just 5 minutes later. So I guess she just wasn't ready. Well this past Friday morning when I was getting her dressed, I asked her if she wanted to go try to go potty in the toilet. She got super excited and ran right in. Sure enough, she went!!! I was impressed, and tried to put her diaper back on, knowing we had a busy day ahead of us. She threw a total fit. She didn't want her diaper back on, and insisted on "big girl panties". OK YOU GOT IT! We put her in panties, and she was so happy. I would ask her every 15 or 20 minutes or so if she needed to go potty, and she'd say no, but I knew she did. So in we went. Sometimes she would go, sometimes she wouldn't. She ended up having 8 accidents on Friday. That is NOT what I signed up for... So Saturday, we tried again. This time she had 4 accidents. I thought ok, so 2 on Sunday and zero on Monday... Well Sunday she was AWESOME!! She didn't have not one accident. We were so proud of her. Monday, no accident. Tuesday, no accident. In fact today she started telling us that she actually had to go. I hope that this is the start to the beginning of being potty trained. Hopefully now that I have posted this, she will keep going without any accidents. Its funny the things you get excited about when you have kids. Who'd ever thought I would be so happy about "big girl panties", and "going potty in the toilet". She is awesome, and is getting too big too fast! I love her so much, and sometimes I want to take a bite out of her cause she is just so darn cute! Kids are the best things in life!

4 comments:

Burt Bunch said...

Way to go Maddie! I think it was on Friday when we saw you guys and that is quite an improvement in just a few days! It encourages me, cause I just gave up when we first tried the "big boy pants" last week and Noah was okay for an hour or so, but then had an accident. We also had a busy schedule ahead of us and I gave up and put the diaper back on. I'll have to try it again, though, your post gave me some motivation! The question is, do I try again starting tomorrow, or wait until we get back from Disneyland???

Linds Forrest said...

Congrats Maddie! That is fantastic! Maybe you and Mom can share panties... that would be fun! :) That is so awesome Lindsey. I am really excited that you no longer have to worry about changing diapers, and better yet she is telling you when she has to go. Congrats to you and to Maddie!! WOOP! WOOP!

Erica said...

YAY, how exciting!!! Maddie really is getting too big too fast. It totally is funny the things we get excited about as parents! Pooping, potty, a fever breaking, sleeping more than 6 hours in a row, making it through church without a tantrum...the list goes on and on... ;o)

Nikki said...

YIPEE!!!!! Now you get the joys of her wanting/needing to go potty every time you are in public. Right when you and Chris sit down to enjoy a meal at a restaurant, guess who is going to want to go potty!!! It is so fun! That was one reason I wanted this baby to be a boy, so that Kyle could get to know all the public restrooms in Utah. Oh well..... I guess I get to know them even more! GOOD JOB MADDIE!!!!!